In the genre transcription of Margate playbills, the same half dozen or so playbills keep coming up, over and over. Is there a loop in the program? Is this intentional, to verify by having multiple transcriptions of the same thing?
jjlancaster Thanks for letting us know, 'll ask Alex to look into it. The same person shouldn't see the same playbill multiple times, but if you're not logged in/signed up and looking on different computers (e.g. at home and at work) you might see the same ones because the system doesn't know both sessions are the same person.
I was signed in and the repeats occurred during the same session - I didn't log out and log in again, or even leave the page. Every once in a while a new one would show up, but mostly it was the same half dozen over and over. I'll see what happens tonight.
The same problem occurs: I got a few new ones, but then they kept recurring. If I sign out and sign in again, I'll get maybe one or two new ones before they start recycling again.
And the same thing started happening when I switched to marking titles in the Plymouth vol. 1, though it took a little longer for it to start repeating.
Hi @jjlancaster, so I think we've found the issue. It's to do with a bug in the backend API that ultimately led to some tasks being generated multiple times. I'll aim to get this fixed before the next release on Monday. Thanks for reporting it!
I think that this repeat bug is still lurking. After transcribing about 5 titles for the Margate theatre set. Thanks.
Thanks for letting us know. It's been slightly tricky to resolve as we need to refresh part of the backend without losing the contributions people have made so far. Alex is working on it and will report back, hopefully in a few hours.
Thanks! For info - if I leave the page for a while I can return to work and save for a few records.....before the issue returns.
So my assumption that the tasks were generated incorrectly actually seems to be wrong. From looking at the task data here I can't see any tile sources being repeated out of order. So this means users are just being shown the same tasks repeatedly, which is a slightly better situation as it means we don't have to modify any of the tasks produced or answers already given. I'll figure out why this is happening now!
The function for loading new tasks was wrong, a fix is being pushed out now so the problem should disappear in about 10 mins. Sorry for the delay on this one!